Can a judge order my husband to get a job and pay child support and alimony?

Aug 8, 2012 by


My husband has not worked in 2 years. Can a judge order him to get a job and pay child support,alimony?



If your husband is still your husband, the court cannot order child support or alimony payments. If you are divorced, you can ask the court for a Modification Order to change or increase the payment amounts. The judge cannot really order your husband (divorced or not) to get a job. The judge can make suggestions, and can take action to enforce unpaid or unmet obligations as set forth in the divorce agreement, but he can’t really order someone to get a job. – The Team Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *