Can a spouse receive alimony if they committed aldultry and have a child? NC

Aug 8, 2012 by


Can a spouse receive alimony if he/she committed aldultry and had a child durning the marriage? (NC)

North Carolina


Anything is possible, but adultery and a child born out of wedlock during the course of a marriage is not likely to garner much sympathy or support in court. The judge will ultimately decide who gets what after consideration of the facts. In this case, make sure you present all of them (the facts in the case) before any award decisions are made by the court. Bad behavior is rarely rewarded in court. – The Team Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *