Is there a way through divorce to take one of our names off the deed to our house?

Aug 8, 2012 by


Is there a way through divorce to take one of our names off the deed to our house.We have no kids together (she has one of her own still living at home)were spliting everything 50/50,this house seems to be the big issue.To sell our house and cover our second mortage is almost impossible right now,I`m sure our house will sell one day but when???She does`nt want the house but wants her name off the deed so were both stuck here living together because we both can`t afford to move out and cover the house payment.HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (In Ohio)



You can transfer the entire house to one spouse or the other through the use of a Quit Claim Deed. If your wife doesn’t want the house or to be on the Deed, this is the remedy. However, the party left on the Deed will be responsible for the entire mortgage payment every month from that point on. – The Team Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *