California Renegotiation

Aug 8, 2012 by


Can you go back and re-negotiate after the divorce has been finalized in California?



Thank you for your question. You can’t re-negotiate the divorce per se. However, you can ask the court to modify child support, child custody arrangements, and spousal support where you can demonstrate that changed circumstances warrant a change. For example, if you are paying child support and lose your job or have a substantial decrease in your salary, you can ask the court to reduce the amount of child support that was ordered.

Hope this Helps!
Wendy Jaffe
Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *