What if I asked for us to go to counseling and she said no?

Aug 8, 2012 by


What if I asked for use to go to counseling and she said no?



Once the divorce papers are filed you can ask the court to make a review of the case and see if there is any chance that reconciliation can be made. Vermont requires 7 years of abandonment for a fault based divorce on those grounds. Six months of separation are all that is required for a no-fault action based on the assumption that resumption of marital relations is not likely. The court can impose a 30 or 60 day stay on the proceedings and suggest counseling prior to the divorce hearing. Counseling is not mandatory though, and you cannot force your spouse to attend. – The Divorce.com Team

Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *