How can I obtain a divorce when every attempt to serve him fails

Aug 8, 2012 by


I live in PA and have filed for divorce in September 28th 2007 and my husband resides in Jacksonville, Fl as far as I know. Every attempt to serve him fails. How can I obtain a divorce?



You can obtain a divorce in Pennsylvania regardless of where your husband lives if you haven’t seen him in the last 12 months. Pennsylvania holds that desertion and abandonment is the willful desire or the intent to desert and the cutting off of the marital relationship. The abandonment must be continued for 12 uninterrupted months, must be deliberate and final and must be beyond any reasonable expectation of reconciliation. Check with your local county courthouse for more information. – The Team Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *