I just need an easy, inexpensive way to get divorced.

Aug 8, 2012 by


My husband and i have been physically separated for more than 5 years…no papers filed. He has lived in another state for most of that time. He says he has no physical address, only a PO Box. He lives with a woman now. He will not contest the divorce. I just need an easy, inexpensive way to get that and am concerned that there will be a glitch because I only have a PO Box on him. I am in SC and he is in WV. Can you advise me?

South Carolina


In South Carolina, abandonment is considered as not living together for a period of one year, without consent of the other spouse, and without justification. It is an allowable ground for divorce, but it would probably be easier to get your divorce on the grounds of a one year continuous separation. It might be a good idea to contact an attorney in your area to discuss your options in this instance. If you don’t know an attorney or can’t find one, try contacting the South Carolina Bar Association. – The Divorce.com Team Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *