How do I divorce? How much? how long does it take? Massachusetts

Aug 8, 2012 by


I am married 2 years and six months and two years my wife left home and never returned. Do not have children with her, do not we have had together, our relationship lasted only two months, no fights, just separated. today want the divorce to start my life, but not longer have her address, I tried and I can not find her. How do I divorce? how much? how long does it take? (MASS)



If your spouse cannot be located, you will have to file a Motion for Alternative Service and a legal notice will be published in a newspaper designated by the court. If the divorce action you file is fault-based, you will cite desertion or abandonment as the grounds. If you file no-fault, irretrievable breakdown of the marriage would be the grounds. You can file the papers yourself or have an attorney do it for you. It will be less expensive if you do it yourself. Check with the Clerk of the Court at your local county courthouse to obtain the required paperwork. The process will probably take several months. – The Team Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *