Got divorced and would like to be reinstated back on husband’s pension.

Aug 8, 2012 by


Under much duress, my husband made me sign off his pension benefits as a beneficiary. Is there any way I can get that paperwork changed and get reinstated back on the pension. We live in Georgia and have been married for 17 years.



Unfortunately, there is no quick or simple answer to your question since it involves several “sticky” issues simultaneously. You’ve been in a long marriage, you were coerced into signing away assets, and now you want to reverse the situation but there will most likely be resistance from your spouse. Your interests here would be best served if you could afford to obtain legal representation. At the very least, you should probably consult with an attorney in your area to see what your options are in this matter. – the Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *