What happens first when getting divorced in Florida?

Aug 8, 2012 by


What happens first ?



Well, in Florida the first thing you must do is establish 6 months of residency prior to filing for a divorce. After that, you’ve got a lot of paper work, starting with filing a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with the clerk at your county courthouse. Notice of that petition will have to legally served upon your spouse and then there are a dozen other documents associated with the filing process to be prepared. A good place to start would be your local County Clerk’s Office of the Circuit Court. The clerk can tell you what documents you’ll need and help you file the paperwork with the court.  – The Divorce.com Team

Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *