Is there a law that will force my husband to pay for my attorney?

Aug 8, 2012 by


i want to get a divorce but my income is low,my husband has a retirement from the 20 years he did in the navy and he is working for the postal services for 3 years,how can i afford a lawyer and move out whit my children?is it a law that will force him to pay for my attorney and help me financially until the divorce is final?thank you



You can ask the court to issue temporary support orders to cover spousal support, child support and maintenance of the home during the time that the divorce is not yet finalized.

Temporary Orders are often issued in divorces to:

  • restrain a spouse from contact or force a move out.
  • maintain child custody and visiting arrangements.
  • provide for spousal support and child support payments.
  • order not to sell assets.
  • give possession of home or car to one spouse.

Temporary orders are valid until the case is settled through negotiation or mediation by the court. – The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *