How can I see or get a copy of the divorce papers that have been filed?

Aug 8, 2012 by


Hi – My husband said he got a divorce through your web site – I called the court house today and they say they have no record of it on file. My question is how can I see or get a copy of the papers he filled? Thanks for your time.



Divorces don’t just happen in the night while you are sleeping. Your husband may have obtained divorce paperwork, but the court requires that notice be given to you as soon as a divorce action is actually filed. If the court of jurisdiction has no record of any action, it probably doesn’t exist (yet). Indiana has a very good online court records search system that you can check from home at:

– The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *