I signed divorce papers 2 years ago. How do I know it’s finalized?

Aug 8, 2012 by


I signed divorce papers couple years ago but did not get any info as to whether its final. How do I find out?

New York


In New York, you can access divorce decree and divorce certificate records through the New York State Department of Health. You can order them by telephone, internet or mail and there are small processing fees associated with the service depending on what you want. Generally, the records cost $30 per copy along with a $15 processing fee. You will need a valid photo ID, of course.

Visit the NYSDH online for more information:


– The Divorce.com Team

Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *