Divorce Finalization – Texas

Aug 8, 2012 by


I filed for divorce in March. I sent my husband the stamped and notarized documents I got from the courthouse after the 60 days was up in June. He signed the original papers, and now he refuses to sign a waiver stating he does not want to be present at the final hearing, and also refuses to sign the final papers. We will be apart a year on December 31, 2009. What should I do next? I want this over with so I can get on with my life. No kids are involved, just a list of some personal items and my house, which I inherited in my name only and is separate property.



If you can afford it, schedule a one-time consultation with a divorce attorney to help you finalize the divorce, it sounds like you are close. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may qualify for legal assistance at http://www.texaslawhelp.org. – The Divorce.com Team

Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *