Filing a divorce from out of the U.S.

Aug 8, 2012 by


Is it possible for an American living in the Philippines to file for a divorce there in the US? Can a lawyer file for him?



If your soon to be ex spouse is an American citizen and currently lives in the United States, the answer is most likely “yes.” – Wendy Jaffe, ESQ.

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *