How can I get my husband to pay the divorce and abandonment?

Aug 8, 2012 by


How can I get my husband to pay the divorce and get him for abandonment?



You have several options in Tennessee as to the grounds of your divorce if you are considering abandonment as a reason. Getting your spouse to pay for the whole thing could be difficult though, especially if you are the one filing. Depending on your situation, Tennessee allows two years of living apart without cohabitation as grounds for a no-fault divorce. If you go for a fault-based action, there are two grounds that may apply; willful desertion of the marriage for one year, or abandonment for two years. If you are the one filing for the divorce, it will probably cost you some money even if you gather and prepare the documents yourself. – The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *