How to get a divorce from my husband and keep it cheap. Georgia

Aug 8, 2012 by


I would like to know would i be able to get a divorce from my husband, we’ve been married 11 years and have 2 kids together, we’ve been separated for 5 years he cheated on me with another woman and have not done anything for my kids so i’m trying to find the procedure so i can get at out as cheap as possible he’s always broke so i guess ill have to pay for it. (In GA)



Georgia allows both fault and no fault divorces. If you wanted to go for a no fault divorce you need to show the court that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you want to show fault as the grounds for the divorce, you need only point out the fact that your husband has willfully deserted you for a period of at least one year. In your case, the five years of separation should be quite adequate as sufficient grounds. If you don’t expect your husband to contest the divorce you may be able to save money by completing and filing the paperwork yourself. Check with an online divorce forms service or your local Clerk of the Court to see what specific documents you will need to prepare. – The Team Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *