How can I file for a divorce?

Aug 8, 2012 by


How can I file for a divorce when I’m staying with my In-laws and nowhere else to go at this point?



If you are a legal resident of Florida, have no kids, are not pregnant and can agree with your spouse on the terms of the divorce – you can get the papers for a Florida “simplified” divorce at home using an online legal forms service. If agreement with your spouse is impossible you will have to file for a more complicated procedure (contested) but it is still possible to gather to the forms via mail or internet download. You will have to go to the court house to file the papers though. This can all be done from where you live now in Florida as long as you have been in the state for 6 months. – The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *