Husband in another state

Aug 8, 2012 by


Hello, I filed divorce on Nov. 1, 2008 — I am in CA and my husband is in Wyoming. I have an attorney and we are trying to get a trial date, as my husband has fought the divorce as much as possible. Now, he found a loop hole in my health insurance and yesterday, 11/3/09 I just found out that he told the insurance company to cancel it and they did on 09/30/09. I was never notified and because the company canceled me, my husband now is not paying for it at all. My attorney is now saying that because it was the company, not my husband, I probably cannot get it reinstated. What should my attorney or I do, as I have no health insurance at all, no job, I am very worried, to say the least? Thank you.



Proceed with your divorce action in California and be sure to stipulate that your spouse also pays for your health insurance as part of any support agreements. Make sure you have a competent attorney, it sounds like you’re going to have a battle on your hands. – The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *