I’m trying to get a divorce.

Aug 8, 2012 by


Trying to get divorce is hard for me. I needed to know what to do I’ve been separated from my husband for 3 years now – he abandoned me and my three children. He took off because DSS got ahold of him for abusing the kids and now he owes back child support so hes running from the law and hes no where to be found. How can i get divorced from him – is there a way to do it???? In South Carolina.

South Carolina


You can obtain a divorce in South Carolina based on desertion or abandonment as defined in the state statutes as not living together for a period of one year, without consent of the other spouse, and without justification. You could also obtain a divorce based on one year of continuous separation. Both are sufficient grounds for divorce in your state.

– The Divorce.com Team

Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *