Incorrect date of birth

Aug 8, 2012 by


I am starting the process for filing for divorce and i noticed that my spouses date of birth is incorrect on the license. Is the marriage license valid? We were married in the state of California, but i now reside in Texas and have not had any contact with him for over 4 yrs.



The fact that there is a minor birth date error on the marriage license is not likely to be enough of a reason to invalidate the document. However, if you have not had any contact with your spouse in over 4 years – regardless of where he is now or where you were married  – Texas law says you can get a divorce after one year of continuous abandonment. Contact your local County Court Clerk for more information.

– The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *