Living Apart

Aug 8, 2012 by


I have been living out of the home for about 18 months still pay the mortgage and money to my son totaling about 1600 a month my son will turn 18 on dec 29 my wife threatens to not let me come to the house unless i pay and i loan her money to fix her car but does not pay back am i stupid or is she in the right for me to be paying this much?



You didn’t say whether you are divorced already or not. If you are divorced – the court will specify exactly how much financial support you are required to submit. If you are not divorced, but living apart and making payments voluntarily, any payment agreements you make with your wife are up to the two of you. It sounds like you probably need to consult with a divorce attorney to see exactly what your options are. – The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *