My husband has been in jail for three years. We have no kids and property.

Aug 8, 2012 by


My husband has been in jail for three years and there are no kid’s and property.



No kids, no property and a husband in jail for three years equals a divorce in Virginia where you live. You can file a no-fault divorce based on the fact that you have been: Living separately and apart without cohabitation and without interruption for six months without children. Or you can file a fault-based action declaring incarceration as the grounds: imprisonment for one year. The no-fault action might be the easiest method if it is not contested by your spouse.- The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *