Need a free uncontested divorce

Aug 8, 2012 by


Do you know of anyway in New York where I can acquire a free uncontested divorce? I need it bad my wife and I have been separated since 2004 when she abandoned the children and I. To this day I dont know where she is, after I took custody of our child she vanished.

New York


If you have not seen or heard from your wife since 2004, you have a classic case of abandonment. In most states abandonment for a year or more is sufficient cause of action for a divorce decree. New York does not allow no-fault divorce, but abandonment does constitute a fault. In New York, Domestic Relations Law State Statute170.2 states that “Abandonment for a continuous period of one year or more” is sufficent cause. Contact your local county court or you can visit The New York State Unified Court System online at for more information on the forms you will need.

– The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *