No Fault Divorce in MA

Aug 8, 2012 by


I have been seperated from my husband for nearly 2 years now. I have repeatedly left messages with him regarding getting a divorce. He has a girlfriend and yet has not filed for divorce nor has he called me back. I want to get on with my life but have no money and neither does he. There is no property or children from this marriage. How do I go about getting a divorce from him quickly and for as little money as possible?



In Massachusetts you can go for either a no-fault divorce based on an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage marriage or seek a fault-based action due to your husband’s willful abandoment. The fact that you have been separated for over 2 years will pretty much make your case. To keep the costs down you might try preparing and filing your own divorce paperwork. Check with an online forms company or your local clerk of the court for the papers you will need.
– The Team
Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *