Parent Alienation

Aug 8, 2012 by


My wife’s children of a previous marriage are showing extreme signs of alienation to the point in which they indicated they will not be coming home during her placement. Ages 14 and 15. Will Wisconsin courts do something? We have additional evidence of poor choices of the other parents alienating behavior.



The Wisconsin courts will do something if you ask for a modification and review of the child custody orders. However, Wisconsin makes it very difficult to revise child support orders during the first two years after an order has been issued. You will have to show that the current custodial conditions are physically or emotionally harmful to the children in order to get any modification. Most cases are referred to mediation first when there is a dispute, but the court may grant modifications at any time if they are determined to be in the best interests of the children. You can contact the Wisconsin Department of Children & Families at for more info. – The Team

Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Related Posts

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *