How can I get a quick divorce in Florida?

Aug 8, 2012 by


If I have been seprated for the last seven years and have not lived in the same state as my spouse how can I get a quick divorce in Florida?



In Florida you can file for a divorce based on abandonment or desertion as grounds. You will have to wait one year after the event of desertion before you file for a divorce. For a voluntary separation, you also must have been voluntarily separated for at least 12 months before you can file for divorce.

– The Team
Wendy Jaffe and can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *