I want to stop a divorce in Pennsylvania?

Aug 8, 2012 by


I want to stop a divorce in Pennsylvania?



It is very unlikely that you can stop a divorce by yourself if your spouse is determined to make it happen. You can probably slow it down, but in Pennsylvania (a mixed “fault” divorce state) you will have a hard time halting a no-fault divorce initiated by a spouse who’s determined to see it through even over a spouse’s objections. If you can prove to the court that there does exist “fault” in the marriage, you might be able to slow down the process as it changes over to a fault-based proceeding. But the process will still continue. Even if there is no fault found, your spouse can continue to proceed with a 3301(c) no-fault divorce action where a final decree will be granted after two years of separation regardless of your feelings on the situation. – The Divorce.com Team

Wendy Jaffe and Divorce.com can only provide general information about divorce. DO NOT RELY ON MS. JAFFE’S ADVICE ALONE. Before acting on information provided by Ms. Jaffe or by Divorce.com, talk to an attorney first about your particular facts and the law of your state. By submitting your question to Divorce.com, you are not creating an attorney/client relationship with Ms. Jaffe or with any of the other attorneys listed on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *